Friday, January 16, 2009

Castle Grande Ball

So today at work I was a little bored and my mind started wandering.  Usually I think about the most random things when that happens and maybe today will seem like nothing less, but it was about something I have always wanted to do.  I want to throw a ball!!  Not like a softball, I can do that whenever I want.  A ball where everyone dresses up in nice dresses and people dance and mingle and of course have great food!  So here is what I came up with today for the Castle Grande Ball:

Place: Castle Grande, of course!  My parents house would be perfect, especially with the circle drive thing
Theme: Royalty - everyone dresses up like royalty (or at least upper class- Duke/Duchess, Baron/Baroness, etc) from whatever period they want and they would be announced as they came in.  Here are a few of the favorite costumes I found:



















Food: I decied that it would be easiest if I made little finger food type stuff since there wouldn't be sitting room for everyone I wanted to invite and I want it to stick with the theme (no chips and salsa), but that would get pricy, so I would ask everyone to tell me what they were going to bring or ask for a little donation when they came.
Who: I don't really know.  I was thinking of the Randy Goodmans cuz they (the girls at least) seem like they might be up for dressing up, and I know Kate would love it...other than that I don't know who else would be willing.  I am pretty sure my dad would come as King George (as in Strait) cuz then he wouldn't really have to dress up in a costume.
Parking:  I would let everyone drive up to the front door and then have the priests/ laurels from the ward valet park wherever dad wanted the vehicles:)
When: After I graduate (May 2010) so I actually have money, and probably when it is nice enough to be outside in the evenings, and grass would be nice.

So that is all I have so far.  I don't know that it will ever happen, but it is fun to dream:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOO!!! I wanna come! I want to be a princess for a night!

gena said...

Sounds like fun!