Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lessons Learned from Thanksgiving Family Pictures

So Thanksgiving at the Goodman's was wonderful as always and filled with the smell of homemade mexican food.  As is tradition we took family pictures and as is tradition we had a hard time getting one good one.  After some photoshop work by my sister in law, Brandis, we have this picture:
We also had a picture taken of just us kids and one with our parents and the kids:













I noticed someting right off the bat in these pictures that several other people, except apparently the people taking the pictures (whom I love and adore), noticed.  I didn't get the memo that we were wearing dark jeans and therefore I stick out anyway, and then there is that huge butt!  I know I have one (and as I have said before I like my butt), but it looks gigantic in this picture, especially since I am the only one in light jeans!  I have never been a light packer; I even had a backup top half of my outfit in my car when I went down for a day, but I learned a few lessons from these pictures:  
-Always have at least two outfits for everything with you wherever you go because you never know when your butt is going to look extra large due to the color of your jeans. 
-Make sure you are turned the same as everyone else so you are being seen from the same angle and then comparisons are ok.
-Talk to Brandis before she sends pictures out so she can photoshop more than just the little kids:)
-Remember to be like Gena and find a way to add a few inches to my height for pictures:D

6 comments:

ginger said...

you're so funny! I'm a little surprised you don't always have extra clothes considering you car always looked like it should be a washing machine inside with all the stuff you carry! i wished we would've got pics with you & sue with the kids. christmas for sure. good luck in your last weeks of school. b's already talking about you doing sleepovers & has postposned all her plans she had with her friends since you are coming... she's a total planner! be safe
xxooXOXO

Derek & Melanie said...

Oh Holly you are too funny. Your butt it is not gigantic. But to make you feel better I have a big butt. Good luck finishing up your last couple weeks of the semester.

Brandis said...

next time we won't have you stand in front of your pregnant sister. I don't think that helped either one of you. :)

Shannon said...

You crack me up...

ginger said...

hol i agree with brandis... it looks like my stomach is resting on your mutt :) haha. whatever. give me a few months :)

gena said...

You have a warped sense of your butt if you think it's enormous. Wait until after a few kids. I didn't even notice it. I'm always looking for a way to create more of a gradual slope in hight for a picture :)