Monday, March 9, 2009

Cooking with Kate and Holly

Kate and I have decided that we need to call the Food Network and have our own show because we are always entertaining when we cook.  Today we tried to make a pie crust out of gluten free flour stuff and it wasn't working so we had to improvise a little:)  It canme out great and everybody loved it!  A few days ago Kate was making vegetables but realixed we were missing soy sauce and tried to substitute Worchestershire sauce.  That didn't work so well :( Yesterday I decided to make a pot of beans and couldn't remember how my daddy does it so I just made it up and Kate was having fun with that.  Especially when I realized that I had 2 steaks in the freezer so I put one in the beans and the other one I wrapped in bacon and put in the crock pot with red cooking wine, beef broth, parsley, pepper, a bay leaf, and cream of mushroom soup.  I am pretty sure she thought I was crazy, but today we made mashed potatoes and I made a gravy out of the sauce and it was so good!  We tend to just make random stuff and usually have to fix something because we mess up.  Luckily we can laugh at ourselves and have fun doing it!

2 comments:

Derek & Melanie said...

I am so jealous that you are good at cooking. I suck, but I'm trying. By the way, who is that boy in the picture with you?

Derek & Melanie said...

I did not know you had a boyfriend. Maybe you should blog about him!